Our floors are durable and easy to keep clean. With proper maintenance, your wood floor will retain its beauty for years to come.
It’s also worth bearing in mind that light-stained and light-coloured species of wood are more sensitive to wear-and-tear than dark ones, and therefore require more frequent cleaning and maintenance. For optimal care, ensure entrances are properly designed and have an area for wiping shoes. Below you will find an overview of maintenance requirements for commercial and domestic applications.
• Our factory-lacquered surface can be strengthened with a further coat of lacquer to improve moisture resistance, but this is not necessary if use is similar to a domestic environment. However, note that an additional layer of lacquer may change the appearance of the floor’s surface.
• Day-to-day cleaning should be carried out using dry methods. If using a combi-machine, use as little water as possible. Any residual water should be dried within one minute.
• Do not allow the lacquer to become worn. This will avoid dirt and water penetrating the wood, ensuring the floor will retain its easy-clean surface.
• If the floor is very worn, or needs renovation for some other reason, it can be machine-sanded to bare wood and have a new surface treatment applied.
• The factory-oiled surface should be reinforced with Kährs Satin Oil directly after installation.
• Day-to-day cleaning should be based on dry methods such as vacuuming or sweeping, as use of water and cleaning agents increases the need for further maintenance.
• Wood floors require regular oil treatments. The frequency of treatments depends on its use and amount of foot traffic. Note that areas that are subject to greater wear than the rest of the floor can be partly treated.
• If simply renovating the surface treatment is insufficient, the wood floor can be machine-sanded down to clean wood, then re-oiled.